magnetization of bcc-Fe

wang... at gmail.com wang... at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:33:49 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm using the new cp2k 3.0 version with its k points sampling method to
model the bcc-Fe.
I hope the magnetization per atom can be properly modeled, so that I may
use it for large cells with point defect, where distribution of
magnetization per atom will be explored.
I used the following input, which produces a magnetization of 3.6 muB/atom,
which is larger than experiments and other simulations of around 2.2
muB/atom. (Similar in the case of fcc-Ni, which is 0.63 muB/atom > 0.52
muB/atom in exp)
Is it rather a problem of cutoff and k points or the problem of potential
and basis sets?
I'm quite new to cp2k, wish this question is not too naive.

Many thanks for any suggestion.

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT bcc-Fe
  RUN_TYPE ENERGY_FORCE
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
  &FM
    TYPE_OF_MATRIX_MULTIPLICATION DBCSR_MM
    FORCE_BLOCK_SIZE T
  &END FM
  &DBCSR
    MM_DRIVER AUTO
  &END DBCSR
  FFTW_PLAN_TYPE MEASURE
&END GLOBAL
&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD Quickstep
  &SUBSYS
    &KIND Fe
      ELEMENT   Fe
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q16
    &END KIND
    &CELL
      A     -1.43 1.43 1.43
      B     1.43 -1.43 1.43
      C     1.43 1.43 -1.43
      PERIODIC XYZ
    &END CELL
    &COORD
      Fe    0.000000000    0.000000000    0.000000000
    &END COORD
  &END SUBSYS
  &DFT
    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME  BASIS_MOLOPT