problems with periodic MP2

katarína stančiaková stanc... at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:22:28 UTC 2016

Dear CP2K users,
I am trying to do a single point calculations of a zeolite system using
MP2. However, after 300 steps SCF run did not converge (which itself I do
not consider as a problem), but the total energies does not seem right for
me.  They are in order of magnitude 10 000 a.u. and the fluctuations
between iteration steps are of the same magnitude. I expect the total
energy of the system to be around 450 a.u., which is a way lower as those
numbers. As I have no experience with MP2, I have not a very much idea what
can be wrong with my setup, or, if this kind of behavior is normal for MP2.
I did the same calculation, but with the water molecule in the given unit
cell, and there everything seems to be ok.

I have attached the input and output file.

Thank you for any comments!
Katarina