BSSE Calculation while using two copper types

Chris Campbell chris... at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:36:49 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have been running CP2K GEO_OPT for HKUST-1 and HKUST-1 with 2x Ethylene
molecules, the functional being used is M06-L.

I have determined the energy of interaction but now want to determine the
BSSE. The issue is that I have been unable to run the BSSE simulation for
two copper types as previously used for the optimisation
(HKUST1_M06L_full_opt.inp).

Initially, I tried to run the BSSE simulation with both copper types as
shown in the file HKUST1_M06L_Two_Copper_Types.inp, this failed as the
error indicated this was a fault with my labelling CU1 & CU2:

Element <Cu1> provided for KIND <Cu1> which cannot be mapped with any
standard element label. Please correct your input file!topology_util.F line
1316

When I removed the Copper types and just had Copper instead, the simulation
ran until the 'cholesky error' occurred.

I attempted to resolve this as highlighted in previous question within the
forum by adding:
         CHOLESKY OFF
         EPS_EIGVAL  0.000001
and
      EPS_DEFAULT 1.e-14
      MAP_CONSISTENT
as shown in the file HKUST1_M06L_BSSE.inp without success, the 'cholesky
error' occurred again.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated, also
if I have missed any required information apologies and I would be happy to
include it.

Kindest Regards,
Chris