[CP2K:7532] cp2k - ab initio simulations - reproduction of the denisty for condensed phases

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Mar 15 08:50:10 UTC 2016

Hi

two possible sources for your results:

1) convergence of density. NPT is often difficult to equilibrate
   and can depend on the choice of parameters for the barostat

2) choice of DFT functional, especially the treatment of vdW energy.
   Have a look into the recent extensive literature on the density of
   water using different approaches. Changes of 0.1 g/ml are very
   common.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>