how to input k-point

Conrad cjohns... at qub.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 10:02:45 UTC 2016

Dear Rieska,

Which version of CP2K are you using? Your error would suggest that you're
using an older version. Kpoints are a new and in-development feature,
available in 3.0 and the trunk version.

Your lecturer is correct also. Additionally, in your sample input, it looks
like you're requesting only Gamma point sampling ( SCHEME GAMMA) which
won't necessarily give you an accurate gap. I don't know about silicon
nanotubes, but in silicon crsytal, the band gap is famously "indirect" so
gamma point sampling can't capture this, I believe.

Best regards,
Conrad