[CP2K:7485] Buffer overflow in cp2k_shell.popt

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski rat... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:54:59 UTC 2016

Hi, Eric.

On Tuesday, 08 March 2016 at 22:48, Eric Hermes wrote:
[...]
> This is why I am trying to build the cp2k_shell binaries in the first
> place. Unfortunately, I cannot get cp2k_shell to run at all, let alone
> within the framework of ASE. The problem is that the binary produces a
> buffer overflow when run by itself with no arguments.

Please try compiling with debugging information included (with gcc it's
enough to add -g to compiler flags, but I don't know the equivalent
for Intel compiler). Then, run the binary under gdb and post the output
of 'where' command once it crashes.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org