constrained MD simulation crashes. Why ?

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:02:58 UTC 2016

Hi Manuel,

I haven't tried these type of calculations, but I think the problem is
_not_ in the electronic structure like you are assuming, but in the
constraints.

If I understand correctly you are trying to grow a collective variable very
quickly

TARGET_GROWTH [angstrom*fs^-1] 0.1

I suspect this is far too big and might give the massive forces.

I think you should make a smaller system that you can run quickly. Then
check that it works without constraints. Then try with restraints rather
than constraints and gradually increase the restraint size. When you get a
feel for the system you can try and use constraints if needed. It will be
easier to help if you can post this sort of test system and explain clearly
what you are trying to do.

HTH,

Matt