Grottus mechanism

huan... at mail.huji.ac.il huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Jul 14 14:52:44 UTC 2016

Dear DJ MG,

The CPK representation only shows the "fixed bond". It is good for the
snapshot published in journals, since it is only a picture. However, when
displaying your simulation with proton transfer event, the OH bond will
break in H3O^+ part and will form a new OH bond in the H2O part. It is a
dynamic process. As a result, the "dynamicbond" is more suitable than CPK
representation.

Let's go back to your input file.

As you said, the system you want to simulate is a dimer cluster. So, in the
&POISSON section, you need to specify the parameter of PERIODIC as NONE,
not XYZ.
In addition, you need to use the Martyna-Tuckerman POSSION_SOLVER, as shown
in  https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/POISSON/MT.html
This Poisson solver was proposed for the isolated molecules or clusters in
the simulation box.

Keeping the default values for the parameters of ALPHA and REL_CUTOFF would
be fine.

&POISSON
  PERIODIC NONE
  POISSON_SOLVER  MT
  &MT
     ALPHA 7.0
     REL_CUTOFF 2.0
  &END MT
&END POISSON

In the QS section,  it is better to set EXTRAPOLATION_ORDER as 3.

In the &SUBSYS  &CELL section, you also need to specify the PERIODIC as
NONE, which was not shown in your input file.
You can try to increase the dimension of your simulation box, perhaps
increase to 15.0 angstrom.

 &SUBSYS
   &CELL
       PERIODIC  NONE
       ABC  15.0  15.0  15.0
   &END CELL

I hope those suggestions would be helpful.

All the best,
Huan
.