EFIELD_CUBE around molecule

Gary gary... at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 8 17:46:30 UTC 2016

Hello again,

I am trying to find the the electric field above a planar molecule E(z). I
thought that I had to use RESP, but I think what I am looking for is
EFIELD_CUBE:

*Controls the printing of cube files with electric field generated by the
total density (electrons+ions). It is valid only for QS with GPW formalism
.*

The question I have now is how do I use this volumetric file as input for
MATLAB or Python, so that I could manipulate it? Also, the CUBE file seems
to only be for a certain surface around the molecule. What if I want to
make this surface larger, ie. increasing z?

Thank you for your patience everyone!

Gary