[CP2K:7380] Re: Velocity DCD file broken

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthia... at psi.ch
Thu Jan 28 09:01:18 UTC 2016

Hi Norman,

right, the problem is the magic string. After I overwrote the VEL string with CORD in a hex editor, VMD imported the vel file without error message. This magic string could easily be changed to CORD also for velocity files. In this case the CP2K velocities dumped in atomic units could be imported to VMD, but they are considered as coordinates. Just out of curiosity what do you expect to be displayed by VMD then? What would be the benefit?

Best regards,

Matthias