[CP2K:7414] Re: Initial guess of the density matrix

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:53:24 UTC 2016

You cannot have half an electron on a p orbital?

In your case of Cl1, you have one extra electron in the alpha spin channel,
and by doing that, you break the symmetry of alpha and beta spin channels,
i.e. you MAY end up with different occupations in the alpha and beta spin
channels after the calculation. Of course, this also depends on your
specific system, that a symmetry-broken solution is energetically more
stable.

SL