OR eigensolver+BFGS geo_optimizer error

eft rsd rashe... at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:01:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've been using the OT[CP2K(2.4)] eigensolver successfully for calculating
energies for quite large systems (60-70 atoms) and now I need to find the
optimized geometry using BFGS with OT (attached 3.inp). But I get the
following error message:

 *** 20:24:42 ERRORL2 in cp_dbcsr_cholesky:cp_dbcsr_cholesky_decompose ***
 *** processor 0  :: err=-300 condition FAILED at line 123             ***

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

           13 cp_dbcsr_cholesky_decompose
           12 qs_ot_get_derivative
           11 ot_mini
           10 ot_scf_mini
            9 qs_scf_loop_do_ot
            8 scf_env_do_scf_inner_loop
            7 scf_env_do_scf
            6 qs_energies_scf
            5 qs_forces
            4 cp_eval_at
            3 geoopt_bfgs
            2 cp_geo_opt
            1 CP2K

However, when I constrain all atoms in the large system I do not get this
error and the calculations go OK.  Changing the solver to Digonalization
proceeds on successfully (attached 1.inp), but I would like to use OT
throughout for its fast performance. I tested the combination OT+BFGS for
the small system of H2O (attached 2.inp), with and without pinning the
atoms, and that worked fine: so why doesn't work for the large system?
Please help me figure out where the problem lies.

Thanks,
ER