cp2k/3.0 optimisation gives CPASSERT error in cp2k/4.1

donaldducksdaughter donaldduc... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:23:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I tried to run a geometry optimisation in cp2k/4.1. The same optimisation
runs smoothly in cp2k/3.0. Hence, I used the same input file for cp2k/4.1
and just called the different executable. Unfortunately, the same input
does not work in 4.1 and the following erro was obtained (also see
screenshot):

CPASSERT failed      - pw/lgrid_types.F:118

Additionally, I tried to fix the error comparing with the only other
CASSERT error, I could find (https://www.cp2k.org/faq:cholesky_decomp_failed).
However, this is a slightly different error and possible solutions such as
changing the preconditioner did not fix my error.

Please find my input file and error screenshot attached for your reading.

Many thanks in advance

Julia