[CP2K:8079] problem with periodic Efield

Pankaj Mishra pkmis... at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:29:23 UTC 2016

Dear Juerg,

Here, I have one question with you reply.
I did the same simulation with CP2K version 2.6 and 3.0.
In CP2K version 2.6:  SCF doesn't converge in first time within 50 steps.
Then it goes to check convergence and SCF converges next time within 20
steps.
In CP2K version 3.0:  SCF doesn't converge in first time within 50 steps.
But before going to further check SCF, simulation aborts after "Hirschfeld
Charges" calculation with error "Stress tensor for periodic E-field not
implemented". I am able to see the stress tensor calculation at this point.
>From this point, " MD_ENERGIES| Initialization proceeding" takes place. If
SCF steps were solved at first place, why it abort next time?

Now coming to your comment of calculating the wrong stress tension in older
version like 2.6, can this affect the dynamics for applying berry-phase
periodic efield?

I hope for your comment.

Thank you

regards,