[CP2K:6999] Mixing Method Recommendation

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:05:54 UTC 2015

Hi

Several suggestions:

1. set MAX_SCF to 20 instead of 200 (my setting given in the previous
post is more efficient)
2. set FUNCTIONAL to FUNCTIONAL XC_MGGA_X_M06_L XC_MGGA_C_M06_L (you don't
have correlation functional in your input)
3. MULTIPLICITY 3? If you would like to consider a triplet/ferromagnetic
state, then the total spin multiplicity depends on the total number of
unpaired electrons; if you would like to consider a
singlet/antiferromagnetic state, then set it to 1
4. As I said in my previous post, you don't need to set the &BS section for
a triplet/ferromagnetic state. If you would like to consider a
singlet/antiferromagnetic state, then for Cu2, you will need to swap the
contents of &ALPHA and &BETA sections. With the current setting, you don't
break the symmetry of Cu1 and Cu2 atoms
5. for H, use DZVP basis set instead of SZV
6. please check the convergence of your CUTOFF with respect to your target
property, 280 Ry might be too small to give converged results on energetics
and geometries

SL