[CP2K:6941] Optimizing Nickel Cluster

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:58:36 UTC 2015

Hi Natalie,

I can see that you are dealing with metallic systems, and in both cases,
you are using the OT method for SCF convergence, which is not
recommended. For metallic systems, normally we use direct diagonalization
with Fermi-Dirac smearing. You may try to replace the &SCF section of your
input with the following section and see whether it works.

SL

========
  &SCF
     SCF_GUESS  ATOMIC