[CP2K:7089] SCF loop can not converge with using hybrid functional

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 00:18:00 UTC 2015

Hi

It's always good to start your hybrid-DFT calculation from a pre-converged
GGA wavefunction and a GGA optimised geometry. This will likely to
accelerate your SCF convergence of hybrid-DFT calculation, or if you are
running a GEO_OPT, then it will take less steps for the GEO_OPT to converge
at hybrid-DFT level.

In terms of accelerating the SCF convergence of metals, another possibility
is to increase the electronic temperature for smearing. I am not sure how
will this affect your target property. Maybe some other people can give you
more suggestions on that.

An additional suggestion: you would like to use the PBE0+D3 functional,
then in the &VDW_POTENTIAL section, you should change the
REFERENCE_FUNCTIONAL from PBE to PBE0. The D3 vdW correction contains
several parameters which are XC-dependent.

SL