Seed numbers bug in MC

Evgenii feti... at umn.edu
Thu Oct 22 19:01:57 UTC 2015

Hi developers,

I just wanted to point out a bug in MC subroutines regarding streams of
random numbers.
One would think that if different &GLOBAL&SEED values are specified then it
should lead to independent MC runs (different sequences of moves etc.). But
apparently, if one is to look  at line 153 in *mc_runs.F* with the call to
initialize random numbers, then it does not depend on &GLOBAL&SEED
resulting in all runs having the same streams.

What would be the best way to quickly fix it? One of the suggestions was to
use last_rng_stream=force_env_1%globenv%gaussian_rng_stream as an optional
argument to distinguish between the seeds. But there should probably be a
better way which is consistent with the rest of the code. Anyway, I believe
this should be fixed in the upcoming release version.

Thanks!

Evgenii