[CP2K:7053] Re: how to choose the frequency at which stress is calculated

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:47:09 UTC 2015

Hi Luis,

I seem to remember there is no analytical stress tensor implemented for
meta-GGAs in CP2K because they use laplacian of the density, see:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cp2k/V5l4_iUORkY/WuQOQGrwAQAJ

In addition, the stress tensor from MD and single point energy calculations
will be different, see earlier post by Prof Hutter:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cp2k/rifbK2sdjJ4/O3nUipT0M8EJ

If you decide to run the numerical stress tensor calculations, please keep
in mind that you will need to use tighter convergence criteria (e.g.
plane-wave cutoff, energy, force).

I believe you will be able to find more useful information if you search in
the mailing list.

SL