How to set a suitable value for the fictitious mass (M) and spring constant of the harmonic restraining potential (ka) in extended metadynamics Lagrangian

ning.zh... at gmail.com ning.zh... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:31:21 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2qt2WaCFqDg/VkxftmZgY9I/AAAAAAAAAAg/XNVlcAzTAcc/s1600/eq.jpg>
I am  performing metadynamics to calculate the reation pathway of Ag-Cl
aqueous system. I am confused to choose suitable values for the fictitious
mass and spring constant, i.e., the M*i* and the k*i* in the second term
and the third term in the equation above, for different system in the
METAVAR section of input file (see below Bold). How can I choose these
values for different systems? Are there any literature about this? Any
suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Ning

&METAVAR