Is it possible to specifiy the multiplicity of a metallic (or bimetallic) system AND include the Fermi keyword?

Natalie Austin natalie... at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:14:06 UTC 2015

Hello Marcella,

Thank you for your response. To the best of my knowledge the level of
theory I've implemented is sufficient for the properties that I'm looking
into. Based on the papers I've come across papers in which structural,
electronic, and magnetic properties of Ni and Cu were investigated using
fixed multiplicities, I want to be able to estimate energetic difference
among different spin states for my systems of interest. Therefore my issue
at hand now would be converging the Cu54Ni system with the fixed
multiplicities. Hopefully by increasing the electronic temperature(range
500-2000K) I can get my system to reach convergence. Can I safely increase
temperatures up to 2000K as long as the electronic temperature contribution
is sufficiently small so that extrapolation to zero temperature result is
reliable?

Thanks,

Natalie