SCF loop can not converge with using hybrid functional

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:29:27 UTC 2015

Hi Jiabo,

Well, difficult to say whether it was really successful, but I could
converge PBE0 calculations of molecules adsorbed on gold.
In your case, I would try for sure starting from the PBE wfn, as suggested
before.
Then, considering that it is a metallic system, probably more patience is
needed. It might require more than 200 iterations to converge.
Try the usual tricks for metals: increase the T of smearing and reduce the
mixing parameters.

BTW, have you tried to converge the PBE0 SCF for the two subsystems
independently, i.e., water and metal?

kind regards
Marcella