[CP2K:6556] Checking for a True Minima

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:23:29 UTC 2015

But be careful! Vibrational analysis can be expensive as it is done
numerically with finite differences - requires 6N calculations, where N is
number of atoms in your system.

More importantly, DFT with some grid based calculations, like cp2k, is much
more sensitive to numerical noise than quantum chemistry codes that is
sounds like you are used to. This means you can easily get some imaginary
frequencies due to bad numerics even when you are at a real minimum.

Matt