[CP2K:6441] Problems with GAPW + external potential

Juha Ritala jri... at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:34:22 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

thank you for the patch. I think this approach makes sense. If I understood
correctly, *rho0_s_rs* is the realspace grid representation of the charge
density *ñ^0* (in the GAPW paper from 1999), and *ñ^0 *is sort of a
representation of the charge density in the atomic region using the set of
soft Gaussians. At least the multipole moments of the atomic charge density
and *ñ^0 *are equal, so in a sufficiently large length scale these charge
densities are approximately the same. This would imply that for moderate
electric fields this approximation would indeed be fine.

I will check how this patch works for me and keep you informed.

- Juha