Coordination Collective Variable: Report but don't spawn hills

Christopher O'Brien cjobr... at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:08:41 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply.

I believe that I should clarify the matter at hand. The Coordination COLVAR
starts very near zero, but it should since the F is still attached to the
rest of the molecule. It is only after the F detaches that the waters will
actually be able to solvate the F ion. My concern is that the potential
well that the solvated F ion resides in is being filled by the gaussians
and preventing the solvation from occurring after F has moved away from the
molecule. The study I am trying to replicate used the coordination as a
collective variable (Unfortunately, the authors won't respond to my
queries). The study offers a lot of details and not mention they did
anything out of the ordinary. I am curious why even after 10ps I don't see
the solvation occurring despite it being driven to occur. But my concern is
that it might be driven away from the solvated state.