Atomization Energy calcualtion

ABHIRUP PATRA abhiru... at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 17:40:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am a new user of CP2K. I am trying to compare the  Atomization energies
of some systems taken from standard AE dataset calculated using PBE,
MGGA-MS2, TPSS in CP2K (using GTH-PBE pseudo-potentials ) with the same
calculated using from Gaussian 09 for the same three functionals I
mentioned here. It seems for PBE I am getting satisfactory results but for
TPSS and MGGA-MS2 results are not that satisfactory (Especially with the
organic compounds such as C3H4,C6H6,C4H8,C2H5O and SiO, S2 ) with a MAE > 5
kcal/mol. I was wondering if anyone has done this kind of calculations
could help me with some information or inputs.

Thanks