FFTW "Wisdom" support removed?

M. Brehm brehmin... at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:25:00 UTC 2015

Dear Community,

in older versions of CP2k, there was a small script called "cp2k-wisdom" in
the tools subdirectory of the CP2k trunk, which was able to produce
planning data for FFTW, such that CP2k runs were able to profit from
optimal algorithms for a given machine without the need to use
"FFTW_PLAN_TYPE PATIENT" each time.

However, this script was removed from the trunk some time ago, and there
seems to be no replacement. Why was it removed? Was there some problem with
Wisdom in CP2k? I would like to use this feature for my calculations. Would
it be a good idea to just use the old version of the script from an older
revision?

Best regards,
Martin