Plumed and Constrained Atoms

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 06:17:00 UTC 2015

Dear Frank,

Metadynamics + fix atom constraints should work without restriction using
the cp2k metadynamics implementation.
Now, i.e., using the trunk version of cp2k, fix constraints should also
work with plumed metadynamics.

For other type of constraints, i.e. defined through collective variables,
the metadynamics forces are not projected out,
hence there would be inconsistencies if one atom is simultaneously involved
in a metadynamic variable and in a constraint.

regards
Marcella