cp2k 2.6.0 compilation on cygwin

brhr iwao.... at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:30:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

The problem was settled.

I had used the archiver of Lhaplus which is very popular in Japan to unpack
cp2k-2.6.0.tar.bz2.

Additional directories named PaxHeaders.XXXX and files were generated in
the unpacked cp2k-2.6.0 directory and its subdirectories, these files
seemed to be responsible for the compilation failure of cp2k 2.6.0.

Instead of using Lhaplus, I used Cygwin command to unpack tar.bz2.

tar -xvf cp2k-2.6.0.tar.bz2

I made a definition file which named Cygwin-i686-gfortran-noflag.sopt as
follows,

CC       = cc

CPP     =

FC       = gfortran

LD       = gfortran

AR       = ar -r

CPPFLAGS =

DFLAGS   = -D__FFTSG

FCFLAGS  = -O2 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -ftree-vectorize -ffree-form
$(DFLAGS)

LDFLAGS  = $(FCFLAGS)

LIBS     =  -llapack -lblas

,which is almost identical to Cygwin-i686-gfortran.sopt in cp2k-2.5.1/arch
except absence of -D__FORTRAN and -march=native flags.

-D__FORTRAN may be unnecessary (as I read by an another thread in this
group).

I removed -march=native to run the cp2k.sopt on Windows PC which Cygwin is
not installed.

After I did the following command operation, “make
ARCH=Cygwin-i686-gfortran-noflag VERSION=sopt”, cp2k.sopt and other sopts
were generated in exe directory. The cp2k.sopt seems to work fine.