[CP2K:6184] Why the cube files include negative values?

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 4 14:07:07 UTC 2015

Hi

as long as you are not saying what the quantity is that is
represented in the cube file (wavefunction, total density, spin density,
potential, etc) there is no way to answer your question.

For the case of an electronic density or square of wavefunction one expects
only positive values. However, due to some numerical tricks used in
CP2K in can happen that some values are close to zero and negative.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp... at googlegroups.com