[CP2K:6720] BROKEN SYMMETRY

Rizwan Nabi rizwan... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:22:18 UTC 2015

Hi S Ling

Thank you for your response
I tried the combination you gave me but I think it gives me contradictory
results.
Here I am mentioning required portion of my output
where
                           Mn1 = MnII SPIN-UP
                           Mn2 = MnIII SPIN-UP
                           Mn3 = MnIII SPIN-DOWN
SPIN 1

 Guess for atomic kind: Mn1

 Electronic structure
    Total number of core electrons
10.00
    Total number of valence electrons
 18.00
    Total number of electrons
 28.00
    Multiplicity                                                   not
specified
    S   [  2.00  2.00] 2.00
    P   [  6.00] 6.00
    D     10.00
SPIN 2

 Guess for atomic kind: Mn1

 Electronic structure
    Total number of core electrons
10.00
    Total number of valence electrons
8.00
    Total number of electrons
 18.00
    Multiplicity                                                   not
specified
    S   [  2.00  2.00] 2.00
    P   [  6.00] 6.00

SPIN 1

Guess for atomic kind: Mn2

 Electronic structure
    Total number of core electrons
10.00
    Total number of valence electrons
 16.00
    Total number of electrons
 26.00
    Multiplicity                                                   not
specified
    S   [  2.00  2.00] 2.00
    P   [  6.00] 6.00
    D      8.00

SPIN 2

Guess for atomic kind: Mn2

 Electronic structure
    Total number of core electrons
10.00
    Total number of valence electrons
8.00
    Total number of electrons
 18.00
    Multiplicity                                                   not
specified
    S   [  2.00  2.00] 2.00
    P   [  6.00] 6.00

SPIN 1

 Guess for atomic kind: Mn3

[...]

So would you please explain me whether the given configurations are right
or wrong.

Regards

Rizwan