Performance analysis of CP2K 2.6 vs 2.7

Abhishek Bagusetty abhishek... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:04:07 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

You are right there could be an issue with the number of MPI ranks used for
the test cases. Initially, I had experiments performed with 128 MPI ranks
for all the 3 tests cases and received a warning suggesting to use squared
MPI ranks and hence 2.7 (tuned and untuned) test case was performed with
121 ranks. The conclusion is that there was a very minor difference with
the use of 128 or 121 for version 2.7 and still they significantly slower
wen compared to 2.6.

2.6 (fastest) : 128 MPI ranks
2.7 tuned with LIBSMM : 121 ranks
2.7 w/o LIBSMM : 121 ranks