Can CP2K be used in finite electronic temperature DFT-MD calculation? if can, how to use?

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:05:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

we've run some MD with metallic systems at ~10-20,000K electronic
temperature, and everything seemed to work fine (this isn't actually that
massive an energy, exciting into orbitals 2-3 eV above the fermi energy, in
some senses). Check for warnings that you don't have enough orbitals for
the smearing to work properly. We only ran at normal nuclear temperatures.

Matt