[CP2K:6690] Re: How can I draw the IR spectrum density with mol format file?

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:33:30 UTC 2015

Sorry, I assume you were talking about periodic solids. For non-periodic
molecules, you can still calculate the intensities (oscillator strengths),
but you will need to calculate the dipoles first, by adding the &MOMENTS
section in &DFT / &PRINT subsection. Then you will also need to set the
INTENSITIES keyword in &VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS section to .TRUE. (the default
is .FALSE.). Once you have the vibrational frequencies and intensities, you
can do a Gaussian broadening to obtain the IR spectra.

SL