[CP2K:6691] Magnetic properties using CP2K

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:16:53 UTC 2015

1. There are several tools listed on the following webpage which might help
you to create inputs:

http://www.cp2k.org/tools

2. For broken symmetry calculations, I think you are talking about
high-spin and low-spin electron configurations? This can be achieved by a
combined usage of MULTIPLICITY keyword in &DFT subsection and &BS section
in &KIND subsection. Have a look at the following post by Marcella on how
to use the &BS section to break symmetry:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cp2k/$26BS$20ALPHA$20Flo/cp2k/8fTVlCEjSME/iUem9cK1-McJ

There should be some other discussions on the topic in the Google group.
Just search for it.

3. As far as I am aware, there is no dedicated features for magnetic
properties, but you may use the keywords and sections mentioned above to
obtain different magnetic configurations and calculate some of the magnetic
properties (e.g. magnetic moments, exchange energy, etc) which you might be
interested in.

SL