Periodic DFT calculation with B3LYP

Abhishek Bagusetty abhishek... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 04:19:19 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to do a single point energy calculation of a graphene based
system using B3LYP hybrid functional and have been constantly getting this
warning. Although the WARNING is pretty descriptive but any corrections to
the concerned section did not yield any fruitful results.

A quick summary of the system and calculations - Graphene based system with
PERIODIC in XYZ. Single Point Energy calculations are performed with B3LYP
level of theory. I have looked into the test cases for hybrid functions but
haven't made any progress with that.

I have attached the input and output file and any pointers related to this
issue is greatly appreciated.

*** 23:45:43 WARNING in hfx_types:hfx_create_neighbor_cells :: Periodic
***

*** Hartree Fock calculation requested without use of a truncated or
***

*** shortrange potential. This may lead to unphysical total energies. Use
***

*** a truncated  potential to avoid possible problems. hfx_types.F line
***

*** 1436
***

Thanks !