[CP2K:6800] Re: GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small!

Henrique Junior henri... at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 03:11:14 UTC 2015

Thank you for all your patience answering my questions, friends, but here I
go again:

I'm testing with another structure (attached, determined by X-Ray
diffraction too). Looking at the manual I've tried this (with arbitrary
values like 9.0, 99.0, 999.0 etc for EMAX_SPLINE just for a try):

 &FORCE_EVAL

 &MM

   &FORCEFIELD

    &SPLINE

     EMAX_SPLINE 99.0

    &END SPLINE

   &END FORCEFIELD

 &END MM

 The error persists:

 WARNING| Particles: 30 17 at distance [au]: 0.00113006 less than:
0.01889726; increase EMAX_SPLINE.

*** ERROR in build_neighbor_lists (MODULE fist_neighbor_lists) ***

 *** GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small! ***

 *** Program stopped at line number 654 of MODULE fist_neighbor_lists ***

 The distance that CP2K is complaining about (0.00113006 au) is equal to
5.98001996e-04 A (very, very small) but as far as I can see, my coordinates
havent changed in my input (compared to my .cif file) and everything is OK.

I have deleted some units from my unitary cell because I'm using FPBU to
test specific Cu—Cu distances.