[CP2K:6758] magnetic moment

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:02:59 UTC 2015

Hi

As I mentioned in my previous posts, the &BS subsection only provides a
better initial guess for atoms with magnetic moments, and the SCF
calculation will always try to find a lower energy electronic
configuration, which is probably the reason that you got different magnetic
moments on some atoms from what you specified initially. There are two
possibilities: (1) there is no minimum for the electronic configuration
which you specified; (2) there is a minimum for the electronic
configuration which you specified, but your initial guess is not good
enough to lead the SCF calculatation toward that minimum. I am not sure how
to deal with the second situation. You might need to provide a better guess
for the geometry in addition to the initial guess on the electronic
configuration.

SL