RESTART using REFTRAJ

huan... at mail.huji.ac.il huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Jan 27 14:17:00 UTC 2015

Hi Tobias,

I suggest that you'd better to use the following parameters for restarting
simulations.

(1) For external restart section:
&EXT_RESTART
    RESTART_DEFAULT *TRUE*
    RESTART_FILE_NAME *YOUR_restart_file.restart    * # specified the
restart file
    RESTART_COUNTERS *TRUE*    # set the step counter followed your restart
point. *If it is False or do not specified, the step number will start from
1*.
    RESTART_POS *TRUE*   # specified the velocity file to read the velocity
values
    RESTART_VEL *TRUE*    # specified the velocity file to read the
velocity values
    RESTART_RANDOMG *TRUE*
&END EXT_RESTART

(2) For the DFT section:
&DFT
     WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME *YOUR_wavefunction_file.wfn  * # specified the
wave function restart file. The program will read the wave function from
your specified file.
&DFT END

(3) For the SCF section:
&SCF
    SCF_GUESS *RESTART  *# set this keyword, then the program will read
data from the restart file.
&END SCF

I also attached the input file added above improvements. I hope those
suggestion will helpful.

All the best,
Huan

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 12:17:53 PM UTC+2, tobia... at gmail.com