Regression testing CP2K 2.6.0

Justin Oelgoetz joel... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 07:00:13 UTC 2015

All,

I hadn't heard anything so I thought I'd restate and bump this request
again.

I'm in the process of trying to produce a reasonably optimized cp2k binary
for  STAMPEDE which will hopefully make some use the Intel Xeon Phi
hardware on the machine.  As part of this I need a good baseline set of
compilation options I can compare my changes to.

My initial binary, compiled with the intel compiler & mkl fails roughly 70
regression tests when compared to the Linux binary
(cp2k-2.6.0-Linux-x86_64.sopt) which is distributed on the sourceforge
site.  I then created a binary with the gnu compiler and mol which also
failed the same tests.  I've played with compiler options and have gotten
that number down to 15.  Some of these 15 are quite large (some as large as
1E-2).

To resolve the last 15, I really need to know how the binary being
distributed is compiled.  Is it compiled with the
"Linux-x86-64-gfortran-regtest.ssmp" arch files in the distribution?  If
so, can anyone shed any light on how the libraries cp2k depends on (fftw3,
lapack, blas, libxc, libint) are compiled or where they are drawn from?  If
it is another set of compilations options, knowing those would be very
useful.  Can anyone out there help me?

Justin Oelgoetz

Justin Oelgoetz
joel... at gmail.com