Is that possible calculating XANES using CP2K

Geng Sun sungen... at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:30:04 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

          I want to simulate the XANES spectroscopy of transition metal
(Pt, Au for example, mainly needing L-edge) supporting on transition metal
oxide. Can CP2K do that ?
          I notice that CP2K can calculate  XAS which seems similar to the
XANES. But I am not very clear about their difference and I just know some
primary ideas about them.

          Could anyone give some general comment on the difference of XAS
(in CP2K) and XANES. If I could simulate XANES using CP2K, what's the basic
step to calculate XANES?

          Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated

          Thanks in advance,

Geng Sun