Orbital Occupation and Restarting OT calculations

Christopher O'Brien cjobr... at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:05:28 UTC 2015

OT calculations cannot be restarted in CP2K.

The error listed below results from using an existing WFN file and the
appropriate coordinates from another CP2K MD run to start a new
METADYNAMICS run. In my DFT section I have:
&FORCE_EVAL

 METHOD QS
 &DFT

    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME BASIS_MOLOPT
    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME GTH_POTENTIALS
    WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME XXX-RESTART.wfn
    UKS
    RELAX_MULTIPLICITY 0.15

  &SCF

    &OT

      PRECONDITIONER FULL_SINGLE_INVERSE
      MINIMIZER CG

    &END OT

    EPS_SCF 1.0E-6
    SCF_GUESS RESTART
    MAX_SCF 100

  &END SCF

 &END DFT

 &SUBSYS ...

&END FORCE_EVAL

However, after searching the manual I can't find an option to add MOs to OT
calculations. I also don't understand why I need to considering that, in
the output of the calculation I am starting from, all spins are already
paired.

 Spin 1

 Number of electrons: 1993

 Number of occupied orbitals: 1993

 Number of molecular orbitals: 1993

 Spin 2

 Number of electrons: 1993

 Number of occupied orbitals: 1993

 Number of molecular orbitals: 1993

 Number of orbital functions: 15770

 Number of independent orbital functions: 15770

 Extrapolation method: initial_guess

 *** 04:08:41 WARNING in qs_mo_types:set_mo_occupation_2 :: All alpha MOs
***

 *** are occupied. Add more alpha MOs to allow for a higher multiplicity ***