[CP2K:6863] Optimize pseudopotential and Basis Set for correlation-exchange functional B97M-V

lar... at lbl.gov lar... at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 4 17:28:32 UTC 2015

Dear Juerg,

Thanks for the quick reply, this is great. I am fairly new to the DFT world
so I have a quick inquiry regarding the use of GTH PPs with mGGAs. All the
GTH pseudopotentials available in cp2k have been optimized for some given
GGA xc functionals. Do you think that optimizing an existing PP (e.g.
GTH-PBE) using the capability of cp2k to do so with the B97M-V xc
functional would be worth doing? Or will it be fundamentally wrong to use a
GGA-based PP for a mGGA? The energies that I am getting are very reasonable
even with the GTH-PBE (non-optimized for B97M-V) so I am not sure what the
"rigorous" option is. Thank you in advance!

Best,
Luis