QS simulation from regtests hangs with no error message

lar... at lbl.gov lar... at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 3 16:56:17 UTC 2015

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean with "changing the code"
but the only thing I did was to compile cp2k using the trunk version of
libxc. I didn't change any of the routines of cp2k. I was doing some
testing and even some of the original regtests hang. However, as I mention
in my previous post, I have sucessfully ran QS simulations using B97MV and
other functionals as well (I attached and example of input file that runs
fine in the previous post).

What I don't understand is why some of the simulations hang and others run
fine, and I was expecting that maybe other more experienced users of cp2k
could provide an explanation or a hint as to where the problem may be. If I
wouldn't be able to run any jobs at all I would assume that I did something
wrong compiling the program, but because some of them run fine and the ones
that don't run just hang without error message I am kind of lost.

Best,
Luis