[CP2K:6359] Re: Electronic structure of CeO2 greatly depends on initial guess of wave function in OT method

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:50:55 UTC 2015

Hi again,

> Thanks for your great suggestion.
>
> Core correction indeed can help localize electron density correctly. But
> next step I will run molecular dynamics simulation with adsorbed molecules.
> In that case, I will not be able to use the core correction.
>

> So question is: if the electronic properties can be correctly predicted by
> restarting from the wavefunction obtained from the calculation with core
> correction, are the parameters (basis set, potential, U value, etc.) good
> enough to be used in MD simulation?

sorry can't answer that. This would allow you to systematically get
different solutions and compare them. To be clear, I only suggest this
"hack" with the core correction to get an initial guess - then you remove
it. At that point, when the correction is removed, you get what your
density functional gives you.

For MD you need to decide a starting point - then what wants to happen ->
happens, if you see what I mean, e.g.
http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.105.146405

Whether the basis sets/pseudopotentials/density functional you are using
are good enough to describe what you want ...you need to decide.

Matt

Sorry for so many questions since I don't want to start a big project with