XC_GRID section ( XC_SMOOTH_RHO and XC_DERIV)

Himanshu Goel hgche... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:04:00 UTC 2015

Hello

I want to know in detail about XC_SMOOTH_RHO and XC_DERIV.

For some systems NN10 (XC_SMOOTH_RHO) works and default won't works for
those system, and for some system default is fine. Also, Which    XC_DERIV
option (default, spline2_smooth, spline 3) should be used? Using different
spline gives different density in First principle Monte Carlo simulations.
And same with  XC_SMOOTH_RHO, which option we need to be use?  Can anyone
suggest me some good references for this? I want to know these things in
detail. Please let me know asap.

Thanks
Best Regards
Himanshu Goel