AIMD simulation: increase of the number of the SCF cycles per MD step after some MD steps

Max latevimax.... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:47:21 UTC 2014

Le lundi 29 septembre 2014 09:16:06 UTC+2, Florian Schiffmann a écrit :

> Hi Max,
>
> Hi Flo,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply !

I am currently looking a bit in the performance of the preconditioners.

These are great news :)

> Unfortunately, the better preconditioners are expensive as they require
> diagonalization and I don't see a way around it at the moment.

Ok.

> There are some ideas around how to improve Full_single inverse, but that
> will take a little while and nothing promised.

Ok. This is fine  with me. :-) Please do no hesitate to tell me if you want
I run some tests.

Full Kinetic is the best choice in terms of balancing cost and efficiency
> for large systems. The performance of this preconditioner strongly depends
> on the ENERGY_GAP value in your input. Have you tried playing around with
> it? Quite often a somewhat higher than default value seems to work best.

I haven't played with the value of energy_gap when using full_kinetic yet.
I'll give it a try and
will keep you informed.

Thanks again for your reply and your help.

Cheers,
Max

Cheers