[CP2K:5633] Molecular dipole moment calculation from Semiempirical methods

Bharat Sharma bharats... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:52:48 UTC 2014

Thank you Juerg. I have one question. Why is Total Mullikan charge from SE
methods not zero in the output file? Here is an example. This is AM1
calculation for single water molecule.

 MULLIKEN POPULATION ANALYSIS

 # Atom  Element  Kind  Atomic population                Net charge
      1     O        1           7.216883                 -1.216883
      2     H        2           1.199304                 -0.199304
      3     H        2           1.197747                 -0.197747
 # Total charge                  9.613934                 -1.613934

The following is from PBE. (PBE gives net charge Zero).
 MULLIKEN POPULATION ANALYSIS

 # Atom  Element  Kind  Atomic population                Net charge
      1     O        1           6.527360                 -0.527360
      2     H        2           0.736297                  0.263703
      3     H        2           0.736343                  0.263657
 # Total charge                  8.000000                  0.000000

Thank you.

Bharat