[CP2K:5627] Pseudopotentials and DFT functionals

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Sep 4 09:44:22 UTC 2014

Hi

1) you can. However, I would only do it for "similar" functionals.
   The only problem you can run into, is a reduction of accuracy.

2) Yes, the atomic code can be used to generate NLCC pseudopotentials.
   However, the PBE NLCC pseudopotentials are from the Goedecker
   group and have been optimised using another code and another
   protocol. Have a look into the papers from that group about
   details.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland