[CP2K:5764] Energy Conservation Problems

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 23 08:30:07 UTC 2014

Hi

yes, this looks like a force problem. Your diagnostics with the
non-correlation functionals is not fully conclusive (too short MD).
Still, it probably points in the right direction.

I would go to a small test system for conducting more basic tests.
For the tests I would not use any density smoothing. I would also
switch off the rVV10.

Test 1: Is the SCF convergence smooth and without problems. Use
        OT with Conjugated Gradients and line search to do this test.
        This gives you information on the validity of the functional
        derivatives.

Test 2: Use the DEBUG option to compare numerical and analytic forces.

You can also perform the same calculations using the standard B97
functional implemented in CP2K to get a feeling on the expected results.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp... at googlegroups.com